- Early Intervention and Preschool Speech- Language Therapy Services for the young child with special needs.
- Specializing in Early Childhood Autism ages 18 months through 8 years of age.
- Speech-Language Evaluations and Screenings.
- Consulting Services to maximize communication in the home, preschool or school environment.
Evidenced Based ASD Therapies
- Joint Attention Teaching
- Functional ABA to Induce Speech and
- Prelinguistic Communication Training
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (when necessary)
- Rapid Motor Imitation to Induce Speech and Compliance
- Floor Time and Parent Training Using Affect Based Language Instruction
- “I have never seen a ‘school’ which provides such a wide spectrum of services and activities for their children or a staff to meet even the most challenging situations, with such compassion, patience and consistency.” ~ Parent
- “I found your program to be of exemplary quality.” ~ NYSED 2004
- “Every night when we bring our four year old to bed, she says ‘I hope I dream of my school because I love it.” ~ Parent
- “Working for your organization has been an invaluable experience in which I have learned an abundance of information and skills while teaching young children with special needs.”
~ Employee/Certified Special Ed Teacher
- “Once I left the university setting, it became clear to me that in many respects most schools and therapy settings were lacking in collaboration between teachers, therapists and families. At PCDC, this is the utmost consideration.”
~ Employee/Veteran SLP
Communication Specialist for the Young Child
- Shaping communication and learning for children, infants through 8 years of age presenting a communication delay or disorder.
- Engineering communication programs in the home and private school setting.
- Social language training and thinking to improve social readiness, awareness and
- Shaping interventions to increase consumption of nutritious foods in the orally sensitive/defensive child.
- Oral motor strengthening and feeding therapies.
- Developmentally appropriate articulation and phonological therapy.
Shaping For Success
- Communication Disorder in the young child for Early Childhood Professionals. Step by Step methods to successful outcomes.
- Fair Is What You Need… What works for one child may not work for another child. Recognize when repeated efforts to “manage” are not working. Why Inclusion can increase withdrawal when the child is not “ready.”
- Natural Learning Materials - Why learning materials made from natural resources have a more positive impact on learning and healing.
- Identifying and Removing Environmental Triggers for the sensitive child in their home, school and daycare setting.
- Medicaid Approved Provider
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Approved Provider
- Infant Toddler Contracts with Durham and Greensboro Child Development Service Agencies
- Public School References and Private Family References Available Upon Request
- Insured and Licensed to Practice in North Carolina
- Syracuse University Graduate Communication Sciences and Disorders, Graduate 1991
- Member of American Speech and Hearing Association
- 20+ Years of Professional of Infant Toddler and Early Childhood Experience
- Continuing Education training to better serve the young child with autism and communication spectrum disorders.
- New York Certified Teacher of the Speech and Hearing Handicapped
- North Carolina Public School Certified Speech Therapist
- Founder of Progressive Child Development Therapy Program and Early Childhood Charter School, 1994-2009, Northern New York, New York Certified Public School Superintendent
- Infant Toddler Natural Environments Trained
- Experience with Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Educational Models
- Member of The National Association of the Education of Young Children (1992 - 2007)
Melissa D. Felicelli
Serving Orange, Durham, Chatham, & Alamance Counties of North Carolina